Overall Ranking: 6.5/10
Pros and Cons
1. Hugo Weaving's excellent portrayal of the main character.
2. The wonderful use of alliteration in V's opening scene.
3. The Guy Fawkes imagery.
4. Great Costumes
5. John Hurt going beserk
1. Pro-Terrorism message
2. Oversimplified connection between the War against Terror and Fascism
3. Historical Inaccuracy - Guy Fawkes was not a fighter for People's rights but a Catholic conspirator against the Protestant King James I
4. V's unnatural superhuman powers - created an unnatural messianic figure
5. Natalie Portman's character - sulked her way through the movie
6. Reminded me too much of Phantom of the Opera
7. Pro-conspiracy message - appeals to a low denominator of audience