Here is a ist of Twenty Five Important Thinkers Alive Today that I feel are worth listening to.
(Not in Order of Importance)
1. Edward Witten - String Theorist
2. Paul Johnson - Historian and Political Thinker
3. Alvin Toeffler - Futurologist
4. Charles Taylor - Philosopher
5. Milton Friedman - Economist
6. Fritjof Capra - Physicist and Buddhist Thinker
7. Charles Murray - Policy Writer. Co-Author of the The Bell Curve.
8. Michio Kaku - Physicist. Writer about Extra-Dimensions.
9. Alan Dershowitz - Legal Thinker and political writer.
10. Samuel Huntington - Historian. Author of the Clash of Civilizations.
11. Lisa Randall- Physicist. String Theorist.
12. Lee Smolin - Leading Physicist (Quantum Loop Gravity)
13. Bill Gates - Co-Founder of Microsoft. Leading figure in war against AIDS.
14. Elie Wiesel - Holocaust Educator
15. Ray Kurzweil - Artificial Intelligence promoter.
16. Michael Schermer - Leading light in Skeptic Movement
17. Martin Gardner - Mathematician and Philosopher
18. Phyllis Chesler - New Feminist Thinker
19. Arthur C. Clarke - Sci Fi Author
20. Nicholas Negraponte - Technology Advocate
21. Tim Berners-Lee - Inventor of the World Wide Web.
22. James Watson - Nobel Prize Winner. Co-discoverer of DNA structure.
23. Benoit Mandelbrot - Mathematician (speciality Chaos).
24. Bernard Lewis - Historian of the Middle East
25. Marvin Minsky - Father of Artificial Intelligence