Saturday, September 16, 2006

English Footer Recap

I went to the Thornhill Village Fair this morning with the family and had an enjoyable time which is more than I can say for all those poor souls who sat through this mornings trilogy of games

Charlton v Portsmouth - Pompey won 1-0
Bolton v Boro - Zeroes
Watford v Villa - More Zeroes.

Nevertheless its Sunday's games that matter. Liverpool are away to Chelsea at the Bridge and almost every pundit has the Blues winning this one. I sheepishly have to agree with this one but my heart says that the Reds may be onto a pick-me up and may salvage a draw. I would love to see Dirk Kuyt score but depending on who he pairs up with chances may be minimal. Benitez has turned into the tinkerman and this worries me. Its stability that leads to performance and right now the 's' word is not in the Spaniard's vocabulary..

I would love to see Arsenal put one over the Scum tomorrow but again I am not holding my breath. Rooney is a Gunner killer and Wenger's boys mess around too much with the ball to make use of the few opportunities that will be available at the theatre.

On the god news front it was great to see the Toffees drop points at home (2-2 to Wigan). Don't want them getting a swollen head.

No comments: