Friday, July 11, 2008

Movies I

Hancock - Entertaining. Will Smith was his usual solid self. Jason Bateman was slightly annoying but the story itself was refreshing (from a superhero perspective). Not a classic but certainly above average: 6.5/10

The Cleaner - I am very partial to Samuel Jackson and this film festival movie starring Ed Harris and Eva Mendes - while a bit disjointed at time was well worth the blockbuster rental (I seem to be on a bit of a roll with rentals lately). The story, which involves a homicide scene cleanup 'guy' trying to avoid complicity in a murder, has a few twists and requires more concentrated focus than your average flick: 7/10

Flawless - Michael Caine (one of my favourites) and Demi Moore did not disappoint in this diamond robbery drama. While not living up to its name entirely (very few movies really do) it continued the positive rental streak that has become reality as of late (perhaps I have finally optimized my BS sensor and am now picking quality? No more Beta Houses or Will Ferrell movies). Some advice - follow the nuances carefully in this movie and pay special attention to Caine's witticisms. 7.5/10

No comments: