There is an excellent article written by Roberto Gotta on the Italian Soccer Scandal.
Also Arsenal opened the Emirates stadium yesterday with the Dennis Bergkamp testimonial.
I am no Gunners Fan but Bergkamp is arguably with Zola, Cantona, Schmeichel and Henry one of the best foreigners to play in the EPL. His retirement will be a loss to the game.
On a less sombre note here are the twenty events that I am looking forward to in next year's footer season.
1. Liverpool winning the EPL - I hope and pray.
2. Man U offloading van Nistlerooy and ' I wanna play for Real Madrid' Ronaldo.
3. Chelsea's midfielders complaining about spending time on the bench.
4. Newcastle with no strikers.
5. Arsenal with no defenders. I wonder how long Ashley Cole will remain a Gunner.
6. Spurs choking...again.
7. Andriy Shevchenko struggling to deal with the pace of the English game.
8. Fulham in a relegation battle.
9. The shenaniggans off the field at Villa.
10. Stuart Pierce's second year in charge at city. I hope Didi comes through for them.
11. Reading in the Premiership?
12. A Yorkshire team in the EPL - Sheffield United.
13. Sam Allardyce pulling off some crazy signings for Bolton.
14. Chievo winning Serie A - not much chance there but its wirth dreaming.
15. David Beckham joining Watford - Ok more dreaming but at least its closer to London.
16. Theo Walcott - may be the only Englishman on the Gunner's line up is Cole leaves.
17. England under Steve McClaren. He has to be a better motivator than Sven.
18. English domination of the Champion's League (now that two Italian powerhouses are not there). Wishful thinking maybe...Oops forgot about the Spanish.
19. No League games for Pool against Birmingham City (hate that fixture even if Liverpool beat them 7-0 in the FA Cup).
20. Buffon to Chelsea? I know they don't need him but since when has that ever stopped the Blues.