1. Both are religious minorities in the Middle East. The Armenians are christians.
2. Both have been the subject of a 20th century genocide. Over 1.5 million Armenians were killed by the Turks in World War I. 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis in World War II.
3. Both reclaimed their nation states in the 20th century.
4. Both are in conflict with a predominantly Islamic local population group - the Palestinians and the Azerbaijans.
5. Both have larger population groups living in the diaspora than in the homeland.
6. Both are a merchant based society.
7. Both have been heavily influenced by both the Ottoman Empire and Russia.
8. Both have produced more than their fair share of quality chess players.
9. Both played a vital economic role in pre-Mullah Iran.
10. Both have mountains as symbols of their people: Mount Zion for the Jews and Mount Ararat for the Armenians.