1. Which country has produced the greatest number of Chess Champions?
2. Who is regarded as Chess' first undisputed World Champion?
3. Which player held the title World Champion for the longest period of time?
4. Who is the only American ever to be Chess World Champion?
5. In which city did Boris Spassky lose the World Chess title in 1972?
6. Who was Chess World Champion during World War II?
7. Who defeated Anatoly Karpov to become World Chess Champion in 1985?
8. What is the name of the Rating system used in Chess?
9. What was/is the nationality of the following players
a. Max Euwe b. Jose Capablanca c. Viswanathan Anand d. Mikhael Tal
10. He was World Champion on three occasions, an electrical engineer and a pioneer in early Chess computing. Who was he?
1. Soviet Union (mainly Russia)
3. Emanuel Lasker - he was World Champion for 27 years straight (1894-1921)
4. Bobby Fischer
5. Reykjavik, Iceland - he lost his title to Bobby Fischer
6. Alexander Alekhine
7. Garry Kasparov - probably the greatest player ever
8. Elo System
9a. Dutch b. Cuban c. Indian d. Russian
10. Mikhael Botvinnik