The red is my response to a true piece of nonsense that has found its way onto the Internet.
This ridiculous manifestation of non-intelligence can be found at:
My response is in Red.
My REPLY to the Danger Video in RED. All messengers are respected.
1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism.
In the US one can burn an American flag, piss over a picture of Bush in public and criticize the government to your hearts content. There have been many Anti-War displays throughout the country. This was not possible in Nazi Germany. Nor is it a truism of other fascist regimes.
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights.
And Both Abu Gharib and Gitmo have been investigated. Was this ever the case with Dauchau, Bergen-Belsen, Auschwitz?Also comparing suspected terrorists to holocaust victims is pure nonsense. I can’t believe that I am even replying to this, the most blatant of all the hyperbole.
3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause.
The US chooses terrorists… and justifiably so.The Nazis chose: Jews. Trade Unionists, Jehovah’s Witness, Romany, Communists, Gays and Lesbians and those with physical and mental handicaps etc etc.
More garbage from Mr. Britt.
4. The supremacy of the military/avid militarism.
So the US has a large military…Someone has to defend Western Liberalism… (don’t count on Europe).I have to laugh at how Britt’s work relies on transmission via the Internet, a framework that traces its origin to the military (sorry Al Gore).By the way last time I checked the Nazis did not overthrow any regime to establish a democracy…. As is the case in Iraq and Afghanistan.
5. Rampant sexism.
The author focuses in on a slice of the Bush cabinet (No Condi Rice?mmmmm) and then claims a growing sexism ----this is pure tripe. My Grade 9 students could provide a better analysis.
6. A controlled mass media.
• Yes the media is controlled by the government except for:
NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, NY Times, LA Times, Boston Globe, Much of PBS, NPR, Washington Post, Newsweek, Time Magazine, Atlantic Monthly, Harpers, Mother Jones etc, etc.All of which have been extremely critical of the Bush Administration. Britt exaggerates once more.
7. Obsession with national security.
• Actually a lack of focus on national security is what allowed 911 to occur in the first place…So much for the Clinton legacy.
Even now if you look at the buffoonery of the Bush Administration in preventing illegal immigration from Mexico…you will see that National .Homeland Security is a misnomer. Furthermore the Author's point here is an added insult to all victims of the Gestapo and the SS.
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together.
• The Nazis abhorred organized traditional religion. The only reason that they tolerated the Catholic Church and the various protestant denominations was to avoid or minimize further internal strife in the country.
• This is a typical line that I would expect from a Secular Humanist who conveniently forgets that the religious Left namely The Rainbow Coalition, Christian Peacemakers, Universal Heritage Foundation, Witness for Peace, Pax Christi, Plowshares exist at all. Each of which is no ally of the Bush Administration.
9. Power of corporations protected.
Yes there are the Worldcomm’s and Enrons of the US but at least the cases were prosecuted (Bernie Ebbers was sent to jail for 25 years. Lay was found guilty of the ten charges against him – he died before sentencing). Under a Fascist Regime this would almost certainly have not been the case. Did the Nazis prosecute IG Farben, Bayer, Siemens and Daimler Benz…no bloody way?
10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated.
Are the Unions independent of the government in the US? Yes.Can they go on strike? Yes except under special circumstances.Could they do so in Nazi Germany? No way.
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts.
So Bernard Goldberg doesn’t like the Media Elite…(doesn’t this contradict point #6 of the author's analysis?). Intellectuals run for your life….Stop the Press.....Fascism is coming.....Funny thing is that Goldberg is extremely critical of Michael Savage..the other author shown.This is more of the cult of victimhood from Britt, based on my own survey at Chapters three out of the four books in the US politics section were very critical of the Bush Administration. I hardly think that intellectual ‘millionaires’such as Chomsky, Zinn and co. are suffering by any measure. Neither are the other arch-disciples of the movement for extended hypocrisy : Cornel West and Barbara Ehrenreich.
As for the Dixie Chicks…..Since when did they qualify as intellectuals.?
12. Obsession with crime and punishment.
Only point that I may agree with Britt on but to compare the US to the Nazis here is also ludicrous.
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption.
A problem everywhere…especially within the manifold of that giant Corporation of the Left: The State. Something the Right has been trying to downsize for some time now.Bush and co. have fallen short on this front.
14. Fraudulent elections.
Yes the Dems were bitter after 2000 (I was too – I supported Gore – who ran a dreadful campaign --- carried a smaller share of the states than Bush and couldn’t even win at home ie. Tennessee) but lets not forget that in Germany under the Nazis there were no elections.......period...end of story.
Overall this video Clip is a slap in the face to anyone with an above average intelligence. The fact that it was produced by an academic says more about a state of idiocracy that exists in on the net than anything else.