1. Manchester United failed to win the EPL and more importantly the Champion's League.
2. Liverpool did the double over Everton.
3. Twente Enschede won the Dutch Eredivisie proving that their is still a sliver of hope for the small market clubs.
4. Real Madrid came away empty handing even after their big buck spendings on Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema.
5. Superb individual performances by Lionel Messi in particular....as he makes a strong case to possibly be the game's greatest.
6. The fantastic run of Fulham in the Europa Cup...too bad they came up short.
7. World Cup Anticipation....there are at least seven candidates who can win in South Africa.
8. Barcelona's pure footer that verged on the poetic.
9. Pepe Reina solidifies his credentials as one of the best goalies in the world.
1. The crisis that is Liverpool and their disastrous 90/10 season.
2. United win another League Cup
3. More boredom in the FA Cup as Chelsea triumph again.
4. Jose Mourinho wins a treble with Inter Milan...another boost for his ego.
5. English teams perform poorly in Champion's League.
6. Rangers top Celtic in winning the SPL.
7. Egypt win the African Nations Cup.
8. England suffer key injuries and look increasingly anaemic as World Cup 2010 rolls closer.
9. Diego Forlan axes Liverpool then Fulham in Europa League.