The following phenomena still astound me in how they defy rationality. Here they are:
1. The Huffington Post as the most popular blog on the Net - The blog run by pseudo-intellectual and new age phony Arianna Huffington is a ranting ground like the Daily Kos (although the Kos is often worse) for the lib/left. Politically it offers very little in meaningful analysis, a lot on Bush Derangement Syndrome and even more........ on such critical issues to world politics as Lindsey Lohan's breasts.
2. Naomi Klein - She is short on originality, long on exaggeration and very quick to grant absolution to human rights abusers in South America and the Middle East - while condemning the US and Israel at every turning point (sort of a Noam Chomsky in a skirt but less of an intellect). I knew her at University and once challenged her anti-Israel bias...she responded in the only way that she could with an emotional outburst...enough said.
3. Oprah Winfrey - She is arguably the biggest ego in television, an oversimplifier of the complex and somewhat of a race baiter...yet millions of Americans live and die by her opinions on cooking, health, life, books and politics. What did they say about the era of idiocracy?
4. Avatar - The movie rehashed the overplayed 'Noble Savage-USA bad guy theme' with special effects and conned the vast hordes to hand over their dollars at the box office. 'Credit' to James Cameron - the Father of the Bloated Movie Epic.
5. Howard Zinn - You could drive a snow plough through the oversights in his People's History Book but don't tell that to the many high school history teachers who see Zinn as a great mind and use his text to uncritically reprogram future generations.
6. Jimmy Carter - He has deceived many into believing that he is a man of peace despite his championing of the terrorist Hamas organization, his free pass to Cuba and the Haitian dictatorships and his downplaying of the genocides in Darfur and Rwanda. Looking forward to the day when Dhimmi C. - the Father of the Iranian Revolution - steps aside and stops providing propaganda for the enemies of the enlightenment.
7. David Beckham - He is a competent player but not a footballing genius...yet more peoplecan identify him on a worldwide basis than the far better talents of Ryan Giggs, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard.
8. Ultimate Fighting - Contests almost always devolve into ever so boring grappling matches...yet the public still continues to lap up this quasi-entertainment...Give me Bruce Lee any day
9. World Poker Tour....I'll let the reader be the judge...another yawn manifesting as entertainment
10. Intelligent Design - it has been discredited on so many levels yet it continues to survive....
11. Time Sharing - Its constraining and often sold by scam artists yet its popularity persists
12. Al Sharpton - The man has made a fortune out of exploiting race relations despite being wrong on so many occasions (Tawana Brawley, the Duke Lacrosse Fake Rape Case). Nevertheless he is still the man that Don Imus and Dog the Bounty Hunter sought absolution for with respect to their 'racial sins'...shame on them for bearing their souls to this charlatan (shame as well for Glenn Beck for giving Sharpton credibility by allowing him air time on his show).
13. Hillary Clinton - yes it takes a village or maybe a voting bloc of village idiots...