It has been difficult to obtain a reliable tally of the death from this tragedy but so far 180,000 seems reasonable.
Source: News 24
Port-au-Prince - Haitian President Rene Preval Saturday apologised for his long silence during the two and a half weeks since a mammoth earthquake destroyed the capital city of this Caribbean country
The death count had reached 180 000, a government spokesperson said, adding that new victims were being found every day. Haitian elections scheduled for the end of February were to be postponed for two years, officials said.
For the rest go to the souce above.