The best to the worst that I have visited. Now let me see. Best one has to be the Louvre (I am a sucker for the classics). Worst the National Art Gallery in Ottawa (drab beyond words).
Top Ten Art Museums visited
1. Louvre - Paris. Visited in 1984 and 2005.
2. Tate Art Gallery - London. Visited in 1993.
3. Uffizi - Florence. Visited in 1984.
4. Musee D’Orsay - Paris. Visited in 2002.
5. Metropolitan Museum of Art - New York. Visited in 1991.
6. Museum of Modern Art - New York. Visited in 1998
7. Sistine Chapel - Rome. Visited in 1984.
8. The National Art Gallery - London. Visited in 1993.
9. Whitney Art Museum - New York. Visited in 1991.
10. Rijks Museum - Amsterdam. Visited in 2002.
Still on my agenda to one day visit:
1. Hermitage - St Petersburg.
2. Prado - Madrid.
3. Barcelona - The whole city is an art gallery.
4. Van Gogh Museum - Amsterdam.
5. Andy Warhol Collection in Pittsburgh.
6. The city of Sienna in Italy.
7. Milan to see the Last Supper.
8. Ravenna - for some reason I am attracted to Byzantine Art.