Thursday, October 25, 2007

I am back...

I am back after a one month plus hiatus from blogging. Teaching and the family have occupied my time as of late. Nevertheless I am still working on my personal enrichment - War Made New (by Max Boot), snippets of the Kabbalah and several back issues of New Scientist are currently top of my reading agenda and I have been attending a once a week seminar on Israeli Politics at the Kollel Organization.

Thoughts about G-d are always with me but I feel ill at ease as to how I cam incorprate religion into my life. I very much regard myself as Jewish but do not feel bound to any denomination or movement in particular. Its a bit disturbing as I seek to draw nearer to my belief but shudder when considering all the rituals that still do not resonate with my soul (I wish they would in a way...). I blame some of my negativity on my scientific background that eschews the unbelievable in favouring the logical...but on the same level I have to ask myself how much am I missing by such a strict positivist outlook? Its all very much a personal challenge right now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're back! Tis unfortunate to hear of your dilemma. Dualities always seem to trouble me, especially when trying to find a middle ground. University is a big of enough change, but in addition to that I'm slowly changing into an adult. I have the power to vote and am driving now. Lots of responsibility.

The trouble is finding a middle ground in between being a responsible adult, and being a child who makes puns. (alright, I was kidding about the puns)

But in all seriousness, I've learned that one can live a good life by acting on his/her emotions. I hope things turn out well for you. I look forward to reading more of your blogs!