I generally like Quora but I do find that it has a number of irritations
Here are a few
- Many Writers are condescending and rude when there is no reason to be so. I suspect that a great deal of those asking questions are kids who may be ignorant of certain facts. Responding politely with a well thought out answer is a far better option.
- Top Writers dominate key questions despite supplying answers that very often don’t live up to the hype associated with these writers.
- Obvious liberal bias. While Quora itself has no bias as an organization (as far as I can tell) the Quora community appears to be somewhat of a liberal echo chamber. Even conservative related topics are routinely dominated by liberals who regularly skew Conservative opinions to the applause of a Hurrah chorus.
- Too many questions are answered with anecdotal evidence only. While these are often great to read they don’t do justice to the broader question being asked.
- Questions on more nebulous topics are regularly answered with the language of certainty indicating that the author is reluctant to reflect on the strength of their argument.
- The Trump obsession - enough is enough…let’s move on here.