Monday, April 25, 2011

Footer Update

Liverpool's season has been on the up and up since I last wrote with victories against Manchester City (3-0) and Birmingham (5-0) as well as a gritty draw (1-1) with Arsenal at the Emirates. I stand by my earlier suggestion that the season is a stinker but if the stars align it may be possible for the Reds to pip Spurs for fifth and earn a place in the Europa Cup.

The real excitement is in Spain. I am hoping that Barca will win the Spanish League (which they should) but they may come up short against Mourinho's squad in the Champion's League who seem to have found their stride. In the other clash Manchester United should come through against Schalke but I doubt that the Devils have enough in the tank to take care of either of the Spanish giants.

No comments: